Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Cat Odor Removal

The smell is unmistakable. Sometimes it can be so strong it can make your eyes water. It’s enough to drive anyone crazy and to go to any length to research cat odor removal.

I have extensive experience with cleaning cat urine from carpets, bedspreads, clothing… you name it. I have had many cats over the years and a few of them were notorious for being “sneaky leakers”.

I won’t get into the causes for inappropriate urination in this article as you can find plenty of information about that elsewhere on StopCatPeeing.com.

However, if your cat is peeing outside the litter box, please get him to the vet ASAP. It is of vital importance as if your cat has a urinary tract infection, time is of the essence.

Ok, so how do we go about cat odor removal?

I’m a bit frugal myself, I must admit so I use a bit of a homemade recipe that consists of the following:

1 quart of  3% hydrogen peroxide
A teaspoon of dish soap
1/4 cup baking soda
I recommend mixing these ingredients together (carefully) and putting in a plastic spray bottle.

You can then douse the urine soaked area and let it completely dry. You want to be sure to test the area first for color fastness as I’m sure you’re aware of what effect hydrogen peroxide can have on fabrics.

Another tip that I find helps is to use a blacklight.

This will help show you where the urine is so you can do a better job of completely soaking the area. Try putting some painter’s tape around the area so that when you turn the lights back on, you can easily see where to clean.

Check more information about this HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment